ProTek Recycling offers your business the easiest, safest, and satisfying solution for recycling your old computers, servers, printers, laptops, phones, and more!
Advances in technology has led to a dramatic increase in the need to replace old and unwanted electronics. As consumers continue to purchase new laptops and computers it might seem that the easiest solution would be to discard the outdated products in the trash. This solution although seemingly convenient, is environmentally unfriendly and puts you at risk of having your personal data stolen by others. In the state of New York, it is illegal to put electronic equipment in the trash. All discarded electronics must be recycled.
Today, recycling electronics and destroying data is not only a quick and easy process but highly cost-effective. ProTek Recycling offers your business fast, secure, and professional solutions to recycle your old and unwanted computer equipment and to destroy stored data on equipment during the end-of-life process.
ProTek Recycling offers:
- Equipment Removal and Recycling Services–Simply gather all of your equipment in one location in your office and ProTek’s team will come directly to your office to remove all of the electronic equipment. The equipment is then brought to our facility in upstate New York where all the equipment is processed in-house. It is important to note that the chain of custody of your devices goes directly from your location and employees to Pro-TeK’s certified pickup crews.
- Data Destruction Services –ProTek Recycling offers serialized data destruction services to our clients. While all data on electronic equipment is sanitized during our recycling process, our serialized data destruction services provide detailed documentation of the data destruction on the received materials. For more information see our data destruction page HERE.
- Product Destruction Services – Need to destroy confidential or proprietary products? Our product destruction services destroy and document the destruction of any confidential or proprietary products that your company has. More information see our data destruction page HERE.
- Residential Recycling: While our core business is commercial recycling, we encourage the residential community to use our ProTek eBox, a residential mail-in service or to bring equipment to our facility in Upstate NY (Watervliet, NY). [Link to eBox Page]
We service businesses in Lower and Midtown Manhattan, New York State, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
ProTek Recycling is:
- Fully Insured – ProTek Recycling is fully insured and we can provide a certificate of insurance (COI) upon request. Simply let us know that you need a COI when you make your service request.
- Responsible and sustainable – At ProTek Recycling no electronics enter a landfill and all electronics are handled in an environmentally responsible manner. ProTek breaks down devices into component parts for material recovery, and refurbishes or reconditions devices and components for reuse. These processing strategies help subsidize our electronics recycling services so that ProTek is able to provide services at minimal cost.
Why ProTek Recycling is the Best Choice
At ProTek, we believe in the importance of electronics recycling and the role it plays in managing e-waste and protecting the environment. ProTek Recycling has been in business for over 11 years and has helped over 2500 businesses recycle their electronics properly.
At ProTek Recycling, we have rigorous policies and procedures in place to ensure that electronic equipment is recycled responsibly and does not enter a landfill and that customers’ data is handled in a secure manner before its destruction. Accordingly, ProTek Recycling is:
- Registered as an electronic waste recycling facility with the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation,
- Licensed by New York State as a Document Destruction Contractor,
- Certified by iSigma to provide NAID AAA certified data destruction services.
We Serve All Kinds of Businesses!
ProTek Recycling has worked with over 400 different companies to date and has extensive experience working with businesses in the following fields:
- Financial Services
- Information Services
- Mass Media
- News Media
Regardless of what industry your company is in, we are confident we have the experience and the know-how to get the job done.
We Accept a Wide Variety of Your Office Electronics!
We accept a wide range of electronic devices for recycling, including:
- Desktop PCs, Computers
- Servers/Server Racks
- Cell Phones
- Routers, Network Switches
- Printers, Photocopiers, Scanners
- Inkjet & Laser Printers
- VCRs/DVD Players
- Cable/Satellite Boxes
- Speaker Systems
- LCD Monitors
- Phone Systems
- Air Conditioners & Dehumidifiers
ProTek Recycling does not recycle hazardous materials. This includes:
- Aingle use batteries (AAA, AA, etc)
- Light bulbs
- Smoke detectors
It’s important to check with our e-Waste experts at ProTek to see if the item you want to recycle is something we can accept. For more information, check out our “What We Accept” page [link to it], or call us today.
Thank you for considering ProTek Recycling for your electronic recycling needs. If you have any questions, please feel free to check out our Frequently Asked Questions [Link to FAQ Page] or give us a call, we would be happy to assist you.
If you’re ready for a pick up, submit a request today!