Computers today are nothing like they were 10 years ago or even five years ago. In fact, over the past two years, there has been a dramatic increase in technology and features, making consumers want to upgrade to the best and save money. From smaller sizes to touchscreen capabilities, these new laptops and desktops have a lot to offer. If you are thinking of getting the latest technology, do not forget about recycling electronics that you no longer need.
Recycle today - call to schedule a bulk pickup with ProTek Recycling at 978-621-4358.
The Top Features of New Computers that Can Save you Money
You want to save money by using the most efficient, new technology. Whether you are buying a new laptop or a new computer, there are some features available today that you would only dream about seeing on a computer a few years ago, including:
- Faster Processor – Processors back in the day used to feature a dual-core, but today’s desktop computers come with a quad-core processor. The better the processor, the faster the computer – and the computers today can run laps around desktops from a few years ago!
- Solid State Hard Drives or SSHDs – A hard drive stores information for your computer. Solid-state hard drives retrieve that information faster and do not use the same moving parts as traditional hard drives, thus reducing how quickly they wear down.
- Blu-Ray Capable – Laptops and desktops today are able to play and read Blu-ray discs.
- 3D Graphics – Computer monitors and desktops can now display and even edit 3D renderings with ease.
- Compact – Laptops today are small, thin and extremely lightweight. They are also more durable, despite their fragile appearance.
- Touchscreen – Many laptops and desktops today have touchscreen capabilities. Some can break away from the keyboard and be used like a tablet, then plugged back in to be used like a laptop.
Enjoy the Latest Technology While Saving the Environment
If you are upgrading to the latest technology, do not forget about recycling electronics that you are replacing. Because purchasing a new piece of electronic equipment helps save money – compared to the cost of repairing it, you may have excess electronics waste in your home. By recycling, you can keep these peripherals out of landfills and prevent them from contaminating the environment.
Request a quote for a non-bulk pickup today. Call us at 978 621 4358 or contact us online.